THE ADD A TOUCH OF JOY CONTEST
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
- WELCOME: The Add a Touch of Joy Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored and administered by Kraft Heinz Canada ULC, 95 Moatfield Drive, Toronto, ON M3B 3L6 (the “Sponsor”).
- CONTEST PERIODS: The Contest begins October 20, 2022, at 12:00 am ET and ends December 28, 2022, at 11:59 pm ET (“Contest Period”).
The Contest is open to legal residents of Canada who have reached the
age of majority in the province or territory in which they reside as of
their date of entry in the Contest (“Entrant” or “ Entrants”). The Contest is not open to:
- employees, officers and directors of the Sponsor, and the Sponsor’s respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, “Promotion Parties”), representatives or agents, as applicable; and
- the immediate family members (regardless of where they live or with whom they are domiciled) of a person excluded under (a) (whether related to that person or not). For the purposes of these Official Contest Rules, “immediate family” includes husband, wife, spouse, partner, mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, and/or daughters.
HOW TO ENTER:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
- REGULAR ENTRY: To enter, an Entrant must first set up
an account (the “Account”) by visiting addjoy.ca (the “ Contest Website”) and:
i. completing the registration form (the “Registration Form”) with your name, email address, city and postal code; agreeing to the Official Contest Rules; and indicating whether you would like to receive information about future promotions and new products from the Sponsor (optional);
ii. Selecting your preferred grocery store from a provided list of grocery stores;
iii. Correctly answering without assistance of any kind, mechanical or otherwise, the mathematical skill-testing question; and
Once completed, click “Submit” to (i) set up your Account; and (ii) submit an entry (the “Entry”) and reveal if you are the potential winner of an instant win prize (the “Prize”). For subsequent visits to the Contest Website, to enter the Contest enter your email address completed on the Registration form to login to your Account. Upon logging into your Account, you will submit an Entry to reveal if you are the potential winner of a Prize.
- REGULAR ENTRY: To enter, an Entrant must first set up an account (the “Account”) by visiting addjoy.ca (the “ Contest Website”) and:
- ENTRY LIMITS: Limit of one (1) Entry per Account per day and a limit of one (1) email address per household may be registered in the Contest. A maximum of one (1) Prize per day and a total of three (3) Prizes (see below) throughout the Contest Period can be won per person/Account.
- HOW TO WIN: Upon completing the Registration Form and/or logging into your Account, an Instant Win Prize message (the “Prize Message”) will reveal if you are the winner of a Prize (the “ Prize Winner”) in which you will receive a “congratulations” message (the “Congratulations Message”) if you won a Prize or a “sorry” message if you have not won a Prize.
- INSTANT WIN PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARVs”):
There is a total of eight-hundred and forty (840) Prizes available to be won, each Prize consisting of a $50
(CAD) Mastercard Virtual Account. Total ARV of all Prizes is $42,000 (CAD). The number of Prizes available
to be won will diminish as Prizes are claimed throughout the Contest Period.
For full Mastercard Virtual Account details please click this link.
HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE:
- PRIZES: Prize Winners will be notified instantly online by the Congratulations Message.
- ODDS: At the onset of the Contest, there will a total of eight-hundred and forty (840) Prizes available to be won distributed amongst seventy (70) days with twelve (12) Prizes randomly seeded on the Contest Website each day of the Contest Period (each a “ Daily Period”). A Daily Period is defined as starting at 12:00:00 AM and ending at 11:59:59 PM the same day. The odds of winning a Prize will depend on the number of Prizes and timing of eligible Entries recorded by the Contest computer on the relevant Daily Period. Using a computer algorithm, a randomly pre-selected series of winning times will be allocated to the Prizes for each Daily Period, in which each winning time is associated with a single Prize. The time at which the Entry is recorded by the Contest computer will determine whether an eligible person is a winner of a Prize (provided they have correctly answered the Skill Testing Question). Subject to the provisions of these Official Contest Rules, the first eligible person who submits their Entry that is recorded by the Contest computer on a winning time or, if no Entry is recorded at a winning time, after a designated winning time will be deemed the winner of a Prize. In the event no Entries are recorded on or after a winning time by 11:59:59 PM of the applicable Daily Period, the Prize will be rolled over into the following Daily Period. If there are any Prizes that have not been won by December 28, 2022, at 11:59 pm ET (the “Contest End Date”) , a random draw (the “Random Draw”) from all eligible Entries received by the Contest End Date will be conducted on January 3, 2023 at 10:00 A.M ET in Toronto, ON to award the remaining Prizes. In the event of a Random Draw, the odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of Prizes available to be won and the number of Entries received during the Contest Period.
- PRIZE SUBSTITUTION: All Prizes available in this Contest must be accepted as awarded. No substitutions or transfers of Prizes by Winner permitted. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, in the event that a Prize or any component of any Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason, to substitute and/or modify the Prize or component with (a) prize(s) of equal or greater value, without liability.
- ENTRY CONDITIONS AND VERIFICATION: All Entries are
subject to verification at any time. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its
sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or
eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor including, without
limitation, government-issued photo identification) to participate in this
Contest. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor
and the Official Contest Rules in a timely manner may result in
Any attempt by any Entrant, to participate or submit an Entry in any method or enter or participate in any fashion not sanctioned by the Official Contest Rules will void that individual’s Entry and eligibility to win a Prize and the Entrant will be disqualified from the Contest, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
All Entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the Official Contest Rules may be disqualified by the Sponsor. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. Your Entry will be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor) the Entry is not fully completed and submitted during the Contest Period. The Releasees (defined below) are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, damaged, stolen, incomplete or incompatible Entries. Entries become property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering the Contest,
Entrants accept and agree to these Official Contest Rules and the decisions
of the Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters. Releasees (as defined
below) are not responsible for lost or late Entries, or for any
typographical, or other error in the printing of the offer, failure of the
Contest website, administration of the Contest, or announcement of any
Prize, or for technical, hardware, or software malfunctions, computer
virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, lost or
unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate,
incomplete, garbled, or delayed electronic communications whether caused by
the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or
utilized in this Contest, or by any human error which may occur in the
processing of the Entries in this Contest, or any other cause beyond the
reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct
of the Contest as contemplated by these Official Contest Rules.
The Sponsor extends absolutely no representations or warranties in respect of a Prize and accepts no liability arising in respect of such Prize or in the use thereof.
- RELEASES, WAIVERS, AND DISCLAIMERS:
Unless otherwise limited by applicable law, the Entrant agrees to the following releases, waivers and disclaimers:
CONTEST RELEASE: By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to forever release, discharge and hold harmless, the Sponsor, Promotion Parties, their affiliates, subsidiaries, their advertising and promotional agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, successors, assigns and agents, parent and related companies, licensors, licensees (the “Releasees”), from and against any and all damages, claims, injuries, death, loss and/or liability to person or property, due in whole or in part, whether directly or indirectly, by the entering and participation in the Contest including any travel related thereto, to the extent permitted by law.
PRIZE RELEASE: If an Entrant wins a Prize and accepts the Prize, such acceptance shall mean full satisfaction of the entitlement as an Entrant and Winner in the Contest and the Entrant fully discharges and forever releases the Releasees, of and from any and all claims, demands, losses, damages, actions or causes of action whatsoever, whether known or unknown, whether at law or in equity which they or their heirs, executors, administrators, successors or assigns may now or hereafter have against any of the Releasees in connection with the use, misuse or otherwise of the Prize.
Entrant also acknowledges, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, that the Releasees will not be responsible for any injury, accident, death or dismemberment, or any other loss, damage or expense in connection with the participation in the Prize, to the extent such limitation is permitted by law. Refusal to accept a Prize releases the Releasees of all responsibility and obligations toward the Entrant of such Prize.
In no event shall Sponsor be held to award more Prizes than are mentioned in these Official Contest Rules or to award Prizes otherwise than in compliance with these Official Contest Rules.
- RIGHTS OF SPONSOR: If, in the Sponsor’s opinion, there
is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the
Contest, or if technical difficulties or any other factor including
accident, printing, administrative, or any error of any kind compromises
the integrity, administration, or conduct of the Contest, the Sponsor
reserves the right, with consent of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, to modify, cancel, or
suspend this Contest without prior notice or obligation.
Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or other component, or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify a person if he/she enters the Contest or tries to do so by any means contrary to these Official Contest Rules or which would be unfair to other Entrants or where Contest Entries are generated by any mechanical or automated means, including the supply of untruthful, inaccurate, or misleading details and/or information. Entry materials that have been tampered with, reproduced, falsified, or altered are void. In the event a dispute arises as to the identity of an online potential Winner, Entries will be declared by the name on the associated online entry form.
All federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations apply. This Contest and the Official Contest Rules shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with (i) the laws of the Province of Québec and the laws of Canada applicable therein in respect of residents of the Province of Québec, and (ii) the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein in respect of residents of the other Canadian provinces/territories, without regard to conflicts of law principles.
The Sponsor reserves the right to correct any typographical, printing, computer programming or operator errors. The Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision of the Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
- PUBLICITY: Entering this Contest and accepting a Prize (if applicable) constitutes permission for the Sponsor, and its agencies to use the Entrants’ and Winners’, names, cities and provinces/territories of residence, biographical information, Entry information, Prize information, video, recording, voice, photograph, statements and likenesses for purposes of advertising and publicity in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification, or permission, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- PRIVACY: The Sponsor respect Entrants’ right to privacy. Personal information collected from Entrants (including but not limited to names, age, mailing addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses) will only be used for the purpose of administering this Contest and conducting publicity about this Contest. By entering this Contest, Entrants consent to the Sponsor’s collection, use, and disclosure of their personal information for these purposes. For a copy of Kraft Heinz’s Privacy Promise, please call 1-800-567-KRAFT or visit www.kraftcanada.com/privacypromise .
- PROVINCE OF QUEBEC: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of the Contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize in the Contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY: Unless otherwise required by applicable law, in the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the English language version and the French language version of the Official Contest Rules, as applicable, the English version shall prevail, govern and control.
- OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES: These Official Contest Rules are available on addjoy.ca.